2 'Piano di forma' (form plan) blueprints + 2 factory heliographic prints.
Check our fine selection of automotive collectibles in Coachbuild's new Memorabilia Shop!
This 1:5 styling scale model was produced by Bertone and is a serious and very rare piece of Lamborghini history.
17 rare original factory heliographic BLUEPRINTS of Bertone technical master drawings.
FOR SALE: collection of four extremely rare pre-war original SCUDERIA FERRARI factory letters to ALFA ROMEO MILANO.
- Michiel Mobiel
- Master coachbuilder
- Posts: 2070
- Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:45 am
- Location: The Netherlands
In the history of the Belgian car industry, so rich in makes once well known but which have all now disappeared, Métallurgique 12 CV occupies a place in the front rank, in particular because of its intense activity in the sporting field. Founded in 1898 , in Marchienne-au-Pont under the name of SA L’Auto Métallurgique 12 CV, it began by producing cars with twin-cylinder engines.
The company’s destiny took a decisive from Daimler, Ernst Lehmann, was engaged. Lehmann completely changed the products, experimenting with large capacity cars inspired by Mercedes. Metal chassis, honeycomb radiators and 4-cylinder engines with T-shaped cylinder heads (monobloc from 1908 and from 1911 with a 4-speed gearbox) were immediately adopted.
The car illustrated here was the smallest built in the pre-war years and was made until 1914. The pointed radiator became a characteristic of the Métallurgique 12 CV range which used, almost exclusively, Van den Plas bodies. The valve arrangement, a single overhead inlet valve and two side exhaust valves, was distinctive of the sports engines. The Adex brake system with diagonal linkage was noteworthy. Métallurgique 12 CV merged with Minerva in 1927 and production ceased.
ENCYCLOPEDIA: http://www.coachbuild.com/2/index.php/e ... n-den-plas
- Van_den_Plas_Métallurgique_12CV_01.jpg (41.96 KiB) Viewed 7665 times
- Master coachbuilder
- Posts: 28754
- Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm
- Location: Weiterstadt/Darmstadt
with Mr. Pawlowitsch insideTommyK wrote:Van den Plas Bergmann-Métallugique 70 PS, 1912, for the Grand Duke Dmitri Pawlowitsch of Russia.