Other language

HOME | LOGIN | REGISTER | SEARCH | HELP | ENCYCLOPEDIA | MARKETPLACE

Post subject: Museums
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:28 am 
Master coachbuilder

I would like to make a list of musea with nice collections of coachbuilt cars on display.

My favorite is the Schlumpf collection in Mulhouse, France: http://www.collection-schlumpf.com/en/schlumpf/
And just a few miles from Mulhouse you can find the Musee l' Aventure Peugeot: http://www.musee-peugeot.com/Front/inde ... 3e50c4ba89

And then there is of course the famous Blackhawk collection: http://www.blackhawkcollection.com/

Please post any museum you know.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Musea
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:36 am 
Master coachbuilder

Italian Museo Bonfanti: http://www.museobonfanti.veneto.it/inde ... in&locale=

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Museums
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:09 pm 
Craftsman

Michiel Mobiel wrote:
I would like to make a list of musea with nice collections of coachbuilt cars on display.

My favorite is the Schlumpf collection in Mulhouse, France: http://www.collection-schlumpf.com/en/schlumpf/
And just a few miles from Mulhouse you can find the Musee l' Aventure Peugeot: http://www.musee-peugeot.com/Front/inde ... 3e50c4ba89

And then there is of course the famous Blackhawk collection: http://www.blackhawkcollection.com/

Please post any museum you know.

Hey Guys,

I love the idea of having a category on this forum dedicated to the museums.But let's be a little bit more organized.I sugest to do it as subcategories by countrys.There are a lot of nice and well worthy to visit museums and collections out there that simply many of us are not aware of.In our travel we can be next to a great palce without even knowing.For instance i just came across on this forum of a car, posted in the "Mystery car" section, that is on display in new museum in Spain called Malaga Auto Museum.After some search on the web i found some videos on youtube and it's a great place to visit with a lot of coachbuild cars.We can post the museums and collections we visited or we know about them.A brief description and some pictures will be more than welcome.Michiel i think you are the one who can help with this by creating the sections.I visited a lot of places in the US so i can post some pictures also.Thanks for your consideration.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:30 am 
Master coachbuilder

danielbiker wrote:
I love the idea of having a category on this forum dedicated to the museums.But let's be a little bit more organized.I sugest to do it as subcategories by countrys.There are a lot of nice and well worthy to visit museums and collections out there that simply many of us are not aware of.In our travel we can be next to a great palce without even knowing.For instance i just came across on this forum of a car, posted in the "Mystery car" section, that is on display in new museum in Spain called Malaga Auto Museum.After some search on the web i found some videos on youtube and it's a great place to visit with a lot of coachbuild cars.We can post the museums and collections we visited or we know about them.A brief description and some pictures will be more than welcome.Michiel i think you are the one who can help with this by creating the sections.I visited a lot of places in the US so i can post some pictures also.Thanks for your consideration.

You are right danielbiker! I create two sub-forum, for the American and European Museum. I think doing a section for every country can be too much dispersive...but in this way I think it can works!!
MPC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:02 pm 
Craftsman

Iluvatar wrote:
danielbiker wrote:

You are right danielbiker! I create two sub-forum, for the American and European Museum. I think doing a section for every country can be too much dispersive...but in this way I think it can works!!
MPC

Thanks for creating those two sections.I already started to post in the American section.Many more to follow.Also let's do the same thing for the concours d'elegance (american and european).I attended few events on the US east coast and i can post some photos.I'm pretty sure there are members on the west coast who can post some pictures taken at Pebble Peach ,Dana Point Concours,Palos Verde Concours, etc.Although there are sections dedicated to the individual coachbuilders and their creations it will be nice to see more pictures from these events.We can do this forum,that i love, an one stop place for everything coachbuilding.

Profile E-mail