Other language

HOME | LOGIN | REGISTER | SEARCH | HELP | ENCYCLOPEDIA | MARKETPLACE
We need your donation to keep the site free for all!
We need your support
to keep our site free for all!

Post subject: Graber Bentley R-Type B342SR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:00 pm 
Rookie

Good afternoon all ,

I am after any help and information that you may be able to help me with in regards to my Graber Bentley R-Type Chassis number B342SR .

I have ascertained that it was purchased by Hans Grether in 1952 and shipped to Graber , where it was completed and delivered on 3rd April 1954. After this I have NO further information until it was registered in Jersey in 1963 for 4 years . When I bought the car ,it was actually advertised on the Bentley Drivers Club Facebook page , would you believe and even they said that they have no other information on it .
Some information on the web states that it was built as a fixed head coupe from a convertible , but the photos that appear with the text clearly show another vehicle .

It still wore the Jersey number plates but the seller told me that he had brought it from Holland to Cyprus in the early 1990's . It was partially dismantled to be renovated , but the work stopped soon after its arrival in Cyprus and it was kept in storage ever since .
At some point in its life (before arriving in Cyprus) , it was modified by as yet unknown owner and coachbuilder . The rear end was changed to a more modern style and the bumpers were smoothed out and the over riders have been removed .

I would love to trace its ownership over the years and if anybody can point me in the direction of who may have modified the bodywork , I would be most grateful as I need to work all this out before beginning the restoration

I will post high resolution photos as soon as I can get out the car as the only one I have are frankly , of poor quality .

Thanks In Advance

George C

Profile E-mail