Other language

HOME | LOGIN | REGISTER | SEARCH | HELP | ENCYCLOPEDIA | MARKETPLACE

Post subject: Internet bookstores
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:25 am 
Craftsman

A question linked to the books - which internet bookstores do you recommend? (apart from amazon and ebay =) )

I have good experience with Libreria dell'Automobile (www.libreriadellautomobile.it) and Enthusiast Books (www.enthusiastbooks.com), but it wasn't a conscious choice. They just happened to pop up in google results while I was looking for certain books.

So, what e-stores do you use? And what about some places with discount prices and used books?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Internet bookstores
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:03 am 
Master coachbuilder

I don't like to buy on the web, I prefer to see the books, choose the one I like, and look inside it before.
For used books the best are fair and exibition, or similar events.
For new books I go to Libreria dell'Automobile (obviously I can, cause I'm in Milan, for you I think it is more difficult).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:58 pm 
Craftsman

Iluvatar wrote:
I don't like to buy on the web, I prefer to see the books, choose the one I like, and look inside it before.
For used books the best are fair and exibition, or similar events.
For new books I go to Libreria dell'Automobile (obviously I can, cause I'm in Milan, for you I think it is more difficult).

Well yes, a bit more difficult ;) There isn't a single automotive bookstore in Poland and used books on this subject are very rare (excluding the old Polish books, most of which I have).
There are internet bookstores specilizing in cars here, but I don't see a point in using them. They are just another middleman, so to say, therefore it's cheaper when I order the books myself abroad.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:18 pm 
Master coachbuilder

Your situation is not good.
But what do you think about creating a thread for books exchange between coachbuild fans?
The language (of the books) can be a problem, but English seems to be a common solution.
Personally I don't have a big library, but I'm searching for some books.
If other people are interested in this topic...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:44 am 
Apprentice

ImpishGrin wrote:
A question linked to the books - which internet bookstores do you recommend? (apart from amazon and ebay =) )

I have good experience with Libreria dell'Automobile (http://www.libreriadellautomobile.it) and Enthusiast Books (http://www.enthusiastbooks.com), but it wasn't a conscious choice. They just happened to pop up in google results while I was looking for certain books.

So, what e-stores do you use? And what about some places with discount prices and used books?

I think T.E. Warth Esq. is still in business in Wisconsin, or Minnesota. He founded Motorbooks Int., sold it and just went on collecting rare out of print automotive books. You might be able to trade some of your rare books in. He might take some time to answer, always climbing mountains in Zambia or something, pretty good for an octenagerian

Profile E-mail