COACHBUILD.com
https://www.coachbuild.com/forum/

Merrimac DuPonts
https://www.coachbuild.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=255&t=1639
Page 1 of 2

Author:  João [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Merrimac DuPonts

1930 DuPont Royal Town Car
DuPont was another great American carmaker of the classic era that most people are unaware of.
Today, DuPont is better known as the world's second largest chemical company.

DuPont automobiles are quite rare. E. Paul duPont’s company produced only 489 vehicles between 1919 and 1931. This Town Car, with special ONE-OFF coachwork by Merrimac and an 8 cylinder Continental engine, is one of only 125 duPonts built in 1930.

Attachments:
dupont.jpg
dupont.jpg [ 156.5 KiB | Viewed 4737 times ]
towncar.jpg
towncar.jpg [ 55.91 KiB | Viewed 4812 times ]
30dupontGroyaltowncarbyMerrimac_KI.jpg
30dupontGroyaltowncarbyMerrimac_KI.jpg [ 73.51 KiB | Viewed 4812 times ]

Author:  João [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

1930 DuPont Model H Merrimac Sport Phaeton.

This is the second of the three Model H duPonts built in Springfield. The Model H uses a slightly different and longer chassis compared to its eight cylinder engined predecessor. Like the Speedster bodied Model Gs, the Sport Phaeton body uses the beautiful bullet shaped radiator. Fully restored by RM Restorations, this exceptionally rare duPont has been shown with great success at various concours d'elegance. It has won prizes at Pebble Beach, Meadowbrook and Amelia Island.

Attachments:
duPont-Model-H-Merrimac-Sport-Phaeton_2.jpg
duPont-Model-H-Merrimac-Sport-Phaeton_2.jpg [ 207.89 KiB | Viewed 4811 times ]
dupont.jpg
dupont.jpg [ 199.36 KiB | Viewed 4811 times ]

Author:  João [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

1930 DuPont Model G Merrimac Special Sedan.

Merrimac was DuPont's coachbuilder of choice and the excelled in elegant open creations. This DuPont Model G is only one fitted by Merrimac with a body of this style. It is unusual in more ways than one and one of the most striking features are the openable front windows. Today the car is owned by a member of the duPont family and he showed the car at the 2007 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance with great success, as it scored a 'Best in Class' award.

Attachments:
merrimac.jpg
merrimac.jpg [ 215.98 KiB | Viewed 4811 times ]
dupont.jpg
dupont.jpg [ 95.88 KiB | Viewed 4811 times ]

Author:  João [ Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

Before

Attachments:
dupo.jpg
dupo.jpg [ 85.78 KiB | Viewed 4805 times ]

Author:  Boybentley [ Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

1929 Model G Speedster #G897
1930 Model G Speedster #G949

Attachments:
DuPont-ModelG-Speedster-Merrimac-1929.jpg
DuPont-ModelG-Speedster-Merrimac-1929.jpg [ 73.24 KiB | Viewed 4710 times ]
DuPont-ModelG-Speedster-Merrimac-1930.jpg
DuPont-ModelG-Speedster-Merrimac-1930.jpg [ 44.21 KiB | Viewed 4710 times ]

Author:  robgeelen [ Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

João Gazineu wrote:
1930 DuPont Model G Merrimac Special Sedan.

Merrimac was DuPont's coachbuilder of choice and the excelled in elegant open creations. This DuPont Model G is only one fitted by Merrimac with a body of this style. It is unusual in more ways than one and one of the most striking features are the openable front windows. Today the car is owned by a member of the duPont family and he showed the car at the 2007 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance with great success, as it scored a 'Best in Class' award.

A sideview of this unusual car

Attachments:
Merrimac 1930 duPont Special Sedan.jpg
Merrimac 1930 duPont Special Sedan.jpg [ 120.85 KiB | Viewed 4686 times ]

Author:  TommyK [ Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

Merrimac Du Pont Model G Sports Tourer, 1929

Attachments:
merrimacdupont 001.jpg
merrimacdupont 001.jpg [ 413.67 KiB | Viewed 4660 times ]

Author:  alsancle [ Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

TommyK wrote:
Merrimac Du Pont Model G Sports Tourer, 1929


Stanley Smith's book on DuPoint has a picture of this car taken in a junk yard sometime in the late 1930s.

Author:  TommyK [ Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

robgeelen wrote:
João Gazineu wrote:
1930 DuPont Model G Merrimac Special Sedan.

Merrimac was DuPont's coachbuilder of choice and the excelled in elegant open creations. This DuPont Model G is only one fitted by Merrimac with a body of this style. It is unusual in more ways than one and one of the most striking features are the openable front windows. Today the car is owned by a member of the duPont family and he showed the car at the 2007 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance with great success, as it scored a 'Best in Class' award.

A sideview of this unusual car


period pic

Attachments:
merrimacdupontsedan.JPG
merrimacdupontsedan.JPG [ 71.59 KiB | Viewed 4607 times ]

Author:  TommyK [ Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

Merrimac DuPont 1929

Attachments:
merrimacdupont.JPG
merrimacdupont.JPG [ 64.65 KiB | Viewed 4598 times ]

Author:  TommyK [ Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

Merrimac DuPont Model G 4-seat Speedster

Attachments:
merrimacdupont4seat.jpg
merrimacdupont4seat.jpg [ 69.5 KiB | Viewed 4587 times ]

Author:  TommyK [ Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

Merrimac DuPont Model G Le Mans Speesdster

Attachments:
merrimacdupontlemans.jpg
merrimacdupontlemans.jpg [ 57.21 KiB | Viewed 4581 times ]

Author:  TommyK [ Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

Merrimac DuPont Model G Club Sedan, 1929

Attachments:
merrimacdupontclubsedan-29.JPG
merrimacdupontclubsedan-29.JPG [ 79.74 KiB | Viewed 4568 times ]

Author:  TommyK [ Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

Merrimac DuPont Model G Sport Phaeton

Attachments:
merrimacdupontph-1.JPG
merrimacdupontph-1.JPG [ 94.27 KiB | Viewed 4554 times ]
merrimacdupontph-2.jpg
merrimacdupontph-2.jpg [ 70.32 KiB | Viewed 4554 times ]

Author:  TommyK [ Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

ad 1929

Attachments:
merrimacdupont.JPG
merrimacdupont.JPG [ 233.98 KiB | Viewed 4535 times ]

Author:  TommyK [ Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

João Gazineu wrote:
1930 DuPont Royal Town Car
DuPont was another great American carmaker of the classic era that most people are unaware of.
Today, DuPont is better known as the world's second largest chemical company.

DuPont automobiles are quite rare. E. Paul duPont’s company produced only 489 vehicles between 1919 and 1931. This Town Car, with special ONE-OFF coachwork by Merrimac and an 8 cylinder Continental engine, is one of only 125 duPonts built in 1930.


more pics

Attachments:
merrimacdupont-1.jpg
merrimacdupont-1.jpg [ 539.38 KiB | Viewed 4446 times ]
merrimacdupont-2.jpg
merrimacdupont-2.jpg [ 632.67 KiB | Viewed 4446 times ]
merrimacdupont-3.jpg
merrimacdupont-3.jpg [ 449.66 KiB | Viewed 4446 times ]
merrimacdupont-4.jpg
merrimacdupont-4.jpg [ 560.14 KiB | Viewed 4446 times ]

Author:  TommyK [ Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

another Speedster

Attachments:
dupont_model_g_speedster_by_merrimac_1.jpeg
dupont_model_g_speedster_by_merrimac_1.jpeg [ 549.65 KiB | Viewed 4319 times ]
dupont_model_g_1.jpg
dupont_model_g_1.jpg [ 297.57 KiB | Viewed 4320 times ]

Author:  TommyK [ Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

João Gazineu wrote:
1930 DuPont Model H Merrimac Sport Phaeton.

This is the second of the three Model H duPonts built in Springfield. The Model H uses a slightly different and longer chassis compared to its eight cylinder engined predecessor. Like the Speedster bodied Model Gs, the Sport Phaeton body uses the beautiful bullet shaped radiator. Fully restored by RM Restorations, this exceptionally rare duPont has been shown with great success at various concours d'elegance. It has won prizes at Pebble Beach, Meadowbrook and Amelia Island.


more pics

Attachments:
dupont_model_h_merrimac_sport_phaeton_3.jpg
dupont_model_h_merrimac_sport_phaeton_3.jpg [ 475.77 KiB | Viewed 4313 times ]
dupont_model_h_merrimac_sport_phaeton.jpeg
dupont_model_h_merrimac_sport_phaeton.jpeg [ 462.98 KiB | Viewed 4313 times ]
dupont_model_h_merrimac_sport_phaeton_2.jpg
dupont_model_h_merrimac_sport_phaeton_2.jpg [ 444.8 KiB | Viewed 4313 times ]

Author:  Carrossier [ Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

DuPont by Merrimac 1929

Attachments:
DuPont-Merrimac-1929.PNG
DuPont-Merrimac-1929.PNG [ 415.51 KiB | Viewed 1258 times ]

Author:  Carrossier [ Fri May 14, 2021 6:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Merrimac DuPonts

DuPont by Merrimac 1929

Attachments:
DuPont-Merrimac-1929-2.jpg
DuPont-Merrimac-1929-2.jpg [ 319.86 KiB | Viewed 648 times ]

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/