>
LOGIN | REGISTER | SEARCH | ENCYCLOPEDIA | MARKETPLACE It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:00 pm

Post subject: Want to write for COACHBUILD.com?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:22 am 
Site Admin

Hello to all forum members and website visitors.

First of all I'd like to thank you for the many contributions to this forum. It is becoming an impressive overview and all the info and images are very valuable for our Coachbuilders Gallery!

Second, I'd like to ask you to become a member of our team of editors by providing articles for the website's front page, written by you.
Preferably, if you own a special coachbuilt car, then it would be great to read about it from the owner's point of view. Like for instance Hemmo de Groot did with his lovely MG TA by Park Ward: http://www.coachbuild.com/index.php?opt ... 6&Itemid=1

I'm sure each of you, whether you own a special car or not, has its own field of expertise and scope of interest and it would be very nice to read about it!
So if you feel the urge to write a story about your favourite car, most beloved coachbuilder or admired designer, please don't hold back and send in your writings!
Illustrated reader's reports on visits to concourses are very welcome as well.

If you have an idea about an article, just introduce it to us in this topic.

Let us and all the website's visitors enjoy your knowledge and passion.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Want to write for COACHBUILD.com?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:30 am 
Craftsman

Great :)

My first idea of an article is an general overview of Polish pre-war coachbuilding. Would it be ok?

It's a rather obscure topic, as even here in Poland there's not much known about those companies, apart from the fact that they existed and a few photos that survived the war (no cars unfortunately are still around :( ). I have some more info, but the amount of information available to me is just about right for a not-too-long article. I should have it done in about two days.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:31 am 
Site Admin

That would be great! Obscure topics are just what we need. ;)

You can mail your contributions to: info@coachbuild.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:54 pm 
Master coachbuilder

I already read the Motto's page on the gallery. You copied what i wrote in -Motto general info-, in the forum. That's ok for me, anyway, can you ask me that before, please?
You wrote:
".... Like many boys of his age, little Rocco learned the trade of metal worker...."
But i wrote:
"....Rocco began working the iron like many other boys of his village... "

There is a simple reason, clearly to people live in that area. For centuries the inhabitants of that village have worked iron. In the nineteenth century also opened a foundry in the village.
Therefore was natural that an orphan and unemployed boy learn that profession. But if you say "... like many boys of his age..." it seems that all the boys in Piedmont worked iron, whereas they were almost all agriculturists or farmers.
Thanks a lot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:00 pm 
Master coachbuilder

That's right. That's one of the main reasons why the forum was started. From the beginning of this forum it has been made clear that all information contributed and shared by the members will find its way to the gallery. Eventually, this way everyone helps to build a rich overview with as much information as possible and with all the errors corrected by those who know and care.

Thanks for the correction! I will change this.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:02 pm 
Master coachbuilder

I agree with the intents of coachbuild.com, but without any form of control you take some risks.
I think the informations could be verified before.
Regards, Paolo.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:29 pm 
Master coachbuilder

PG1964 wrote:
I think the informations could be verified before.

I agree, because the internet is often full of bull... eh... nonsense. We try to verify as much as we can, but we can never know everything and that's where you guys come in. The more knowledgeable members, the better. You guys provide info and images way faster than we could ever add to our gallery. :good:
That's one of the reasons why I like to post all sales stories written by the auction houses. They are for you to shoot at and correct them.
I prefer not to post questionable information in the gallery, but when it accidentally happens, it is easy to correct it at any time. Just let us know if you find any mistakes or if there's any interesting information to add.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:25 pm 
Master coachbuilder

Ok, let's do that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:05 pm 
Master coachbuilder

I'm offering my knowledge about Lancia and Fiat cars and about Pininfarina, Stabilimenti Farina, Vignale and Viotti coachbuilders. If you need to put on the gallery a new article about some specific cars of these, write to me at:
paolo@viva-lancia.com . Thank you.

Profile E-mail