Other language

HOME | LOGIN | REGISTER | SEARCH | HELP | ENCYCLOPEDIA | MARKETPLACE

Post subject: Michelotti OSCA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:58 am 
Craftsman

Hi ..

This is NOT an OSCA but a Fiat OSCA.. with a 118S chassis number ... Also another one has turned up in the Miami and I believe there is a spider too maybe more?

Attachments:
File comment: fiat 1500 michelotti
1500.jpg
1500.jpg [ 94.68 KiB | Viewed 1581 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Michelotti OSCA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:22 am 
Craftsman

:

Attachments:
File comment: so this has to be 2nd convertible...
m2 kort 009.jpg
m2 kort 009.jpg [ 38.57 KiB | Viewed 1576 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:46 am 
With relation to Biz5300's comments on what is a Fiat and what is an O.S.C.A. I refer him to the Maserati Brothers launch of the aforementioned car as reported in Road and Track in 1961 and also Car and Driver in that year. I have copies of the stated articles. My car was on display in both the Turin and Geneva (perhaps more) Auto Shows as a Maserati Brother's concept comissioned to and designed by Giorgio Michelotti (see the Michelotti Register which identifies it an O.S.C.A. not a Fiat, as does all the motoring press of the period. I suggest that Biz5300 does not know more than the originators of the car who commissioned it to be built on specualtion. Each of the 3 cars was different, with mine being a near exact sister car to the open version. Just because there are a fair amount of Fiat proprietary parts on the car's underpinnings doesn't make it a Fiat. All of the badging and script is O.S.C.A. To anyone who would like to know more about this machine, I will be happy to forward them substantial information on it as it is now being offered for sale. I have complete provenance from new until the moment I purchased the car. It was sold By the Maserati Brothers to Luigi Chinetti, who sold it to the first Ferrari dealer assigned by Chinetti here in North America, Bob Cressman (an avid O.S.C.A. racer and partner in Cressman-Baumgarten Ferrari, Fort Lauderdale, Florida) and it has never left Florida since. It still has the original drive train and was never damaged in an accident, so there are no remade replacement panels. It still has all 5 Amadori magnesium wheels. It's design as a 2 seat coupe used the first pagada roof on a car, predating Mercedes use of that feature by several years. There are many other, very unique features like fins on all four fenders, triangular marker lamps used as turn signals in the aft part of the front fender's fins, etc. It is all Michelotti. I hope this shines a light on the reality regarding this particular O.S.C.A.
I may be reached for comment at 954-761-1801, or if out on 954-294-6955 e.s.t. in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
sincerely,
Stephen F. Yanoshik, III

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:04 am 
Craftsman

Guest wrote:
With relation to Biz5300's comments on what is a Fiat and what is an O.S.C.A. I refer him to the Maserati Brothers launch of the aforementioned car as reported in Road and Track in 1961 and also Car and Driver in that year. I have copies of the stated articles. My car was on display in both the Turin and Geneva (perhaps more) Auto Shows as a Maserati Brother's concept comissioned to and designed by Giorgio Michelotti (see the Michelotti Register which identifies it an O.S.C.A. not a Fiat, as does all the motoring press of the period. I suggest that Biz5300 does not know more than the originators of the car who commissioned it to be built on specualtion. Each of the 3 cars was different, with mine being a near exact sister car to the open version. Just because there are a fair amount of Fiat proprietary parts on the car's underpinnings doesn't make it a Fiat. All of the badging and script is O.S.C.A. To anyone who would like to know more about this machine, I will be happy to forward them substantial information on it as it is now being offered for sale. I have complete provenance from new until the moment I purchased the car. It was sold By the Maserati Brothers to Luigi Chinetti, who sold it to the first Ferrari dealer assigned by Chinetti here in North America, Bob Cressman (an avid O.S.C.A. racer and partner in Cressman-Baumgarten Ferrari, Fort Lauderdale, Florida) and it has never left Florida since. It still has the original drive train and was never damaged in an accident, so there are no remade replacement panels. It still has all 5 Amadori magnesium wheels. It's design as a 2 seat coupe used the first pagada roof on a car, predating Mercedes use of that feature by several years. There are many other, very unique features like fins on all four fenders, triangular marker lamps used as turn signals in the aft part of the front fender's fins, etc. It is all Michelotti. I hope this shines a light on the reality regarding this particular O.S.C.A.
I may be reached for comment at 954-761-1801, or if out on 954-294-6955 e.s.t. in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
sincerely,
Stephen F. Yanoshik, III

Hi there Mr Yanoshik.. By now I understand the car is in Australia ? correct?

I have been in contact with via mail before.. but it is simple OSCAs have tubular chassis and numbers go from 00001 to 00114....

If chassis number starts 118S... it is a Fiat

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:32 pm 
Master coachbuilder

the Spyder

Attachments:
michelottiosca 001.jpg
michelottiosca 001.jpg [ 239.57 KiB | Viewed 1384 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:23 pm