This Ferrari was skinned by Drogo on the bones of Bizzarrini's first prototype for the 250 GTO.
This 250 GT SWB based GTO-prototype was called 'Anastasia' (derogatory expression for ugly women in Modena jargon).
2053GT was raced in this shape by Count Volpi's Scuderia Serenissima Republica di Venezia.
- 1960, used as study for GTO.
- 1960, rebodied as regular SWB Berlinetta.
- 1962, raced by Garage Francorchamps.
- 27 may 1962, accident during 1000km Nuerburgring.
- 1962, rebuilt by Drogo.
- 17 may 1964, destroyed in a crash during the 500km of Spa.
The remains are with Garage Francorchamps.
According to Mr. Swaters the car was never rebuilt.
I am not a natural flatterer, I like to think that I "tell it like it is", politely I hope. So when I tell you that I am very impressed by the contents of your website, it is just not English politeness. I of course love the subject matter but you deal with it in an energetic and respectful manner. I am overwhelmed by the research that has gone into compiling the list of coachbuilders/bodybuilders for Europe and North America. I have never heard of the vast majority of them.
Congratulations on an excellent website.
- N. Maltby of Car Scene International
We use Coachbuild.com almost daily as our main reference source!
- Schloss Dyck Classic Days
We use Coachbuild.com all the time for references!
- Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance
We are very impressed by your website!
- Bicester Heritage UK
We have 8137 visitors online