That Marcello Gandini is one of the greatest of automobile designers ever has never been disputed, and whether he is the greatest ever, only time and the directions automobile design takes, will tell. But there is no doubting Marcello Gandini’s immense impact on automobile design in the last four decades of the 20th century that still remains valid well into the 21st century. From the Lamborghini Miura to the Maserati Quattroporte IV, from the humble Innocenti Mini to the epic Cizeta V16T, Marcello Gandini has designed some of the most epochal of all automobiles. Iconic cars like the first-generation BMW 5 Series, the Audi 50/VW Polo, the Fiat X1/9, the Lamborghini Countach and the Diablo, the Lancia Stratos, the Renault Magnum super truck, and many others have all flowed from his stylistic pen.
Nuccio Bertone with Marcello Gandini
Designing automobiles that really defined the late 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, even the 1990s, Marcello Gandini is, arguably, the one man who had the greatest impact, the one who changed automotive design the most. A book on him and his design is long overdue. Finally, one is here…
- Title: Marcello Gandini: Maestro of Design
- Author: Gautam Sen
- Publisher: Dalton Watson
- 2 Volume set
- 400 pages in each volume
- 924 images (449 Volume I and 475 Volume II) - many never seen before!
- Over one hundred of Gandini's designs featured
- 600 regular editions, 400 numbered and signed by both Marcello Gandini and Gautam Sen and a limited number of leather bound editions now available.
- Price: $295,00 (regular edition) - $350,00 (signed edition) - $1500,00 (leather bound edition)
- Sample pages
- Facebook page
- Other titles by Dalton Watson
- Coachbuild.com Encyclopedia: Marcello Gandini