COACHBUILD.com

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:04 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post any mystery car here
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:34 pm 
Coachbuilder

puzzling... anyone who can tell what it is and what is underneath, and when this was made?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:03 pm 
Master coachbuilder

"The same picture appears in Lev Shugurovs excellent book: "Automobiles in Moscow, 100 years 1902- 2001" with the information: "When the Rumanian king Mihail I descended from the throne his dark red Delahaye 165 with the bodywork of Figoni & Falaschi was taken to Moscow. .. It is said that the car exists today equipped with the engine of a ZIL 130 truck"

Regards

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:42 pm 
Coachbuilder

but it looks like a bad imposter of a figoni to me...
the other option I've heard it might be a Sodomka, but it looks to crude for that as well, anyaway as seen before even the best have had bad days...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:50 pm 
Coachbuilder

LHD Delahaye?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:05 am 
Master coachbuilder

Mårten wrote:
LHD Delahaye?

Could be an export chassis?? or the frame was inverted?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:30 am 
Coachbuilder

there has been a theory of the pic being inverted. but lets go Sherlock here, its a LHD parked at the right side of the road, even back in thirties few countries in europe lingered on driving on the left side, most luxury cars makers refused to make LHD vehicles at all, export or not. so conclusion is the image is of proper angle.

The pic has been up at the prewarcar and the only sensible answer there is that Sodomka is ruled out.

The answer that it should have belonged to the romanian king when he abdicated I find remote, such extreme car and especially involved in such circumstances would have been more known of, why haven't any other pics surfaced of it?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Delahaye-(F&F) 165
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:08 am 
Master coachbuilder

This car is not listed as coachwork, made by one of the 69 listed companies (for Sodomka/CZ is no D. known), built-up D.-chassis.
The side-chrom-ornamentic is taken from the F&F-165 Roadster/1938, No. 60743 (for AC Doyle/GB-author), the front(-radiator) is Franay-style/1946>47 ...,

... with greetings, FrankWo.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:45 am 
Master coachbuilder

The Bugatti is described as a 46, and this may exist as well, but I am fairly sure this is a type 57...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Bugatti
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:49 pm 
Master coachbuilder

... with my papers it is a Bugatti-Uhlik 57-saloon/1936 ...,

... btw., with Delahaye, <15% of all cars, built in the 61 years beetween 1894 > 1954 are LHD-versions ...,

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:26 pm 
Master coachbuilder

I think this is an Aero Coupé

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:57 pm 
Coachbuilder

I still wanna know what it is, not what people think it is ;) Aero is a good theory though. cannot anyone dig up some clues at least? starting with the fact the car was presumably owned buy King michael of romania. I've went down that track with no success perhaps some other can find something, or on the other hand rule that option out?

the little we know so far...
Its certainly from eastern part of europe.
Its an LHD car
Its a coupe

Joao mentioned something that the car is still around with a ZIL truck engine, where may it be?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:32 pm 
Coachbuilder

All I know about these 2 cars is they have been bodied by the dutch coachbuilder Van Koppen during the late forties. Has anyone some more informations about them ?

Attachment:
koppen7.jpg

Attachment:
koppen8.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:12 pm 
Master coachbuilder

franck.kegelart wrote:
All I know about these 2 cars is they have been bodied by the dutch coachbuilder Van Koppen during the late forties. Has anyone some more informations about them ?

Attachment:
koppen7.jpg

Attachment:
koppen8.jpg

The first one looks a Delahaye to me. The second is unknown, even by the source website.

Van Koppen did all sorts of body work: repairs, paint jobs, modifications and mainly building bodies for utility vans.

Freely translated from: http://www.conam.info/
There is very little known about "Rijtuig en Wagenmakerij G.J. van Koppen" (coach and chariot manufacturer) located at the Kerklaan 28 (Church lane) in Rijswijk, which is next to The Hague. They did advertise themselves with multiple vans built for the "Zwitserse wasserij" (Swiss Launderette) in Rijswijk. Van Koppen delivered about 74 delivery vans to that company.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:23 pm 
Master coachbuilder

Seems to be Rolls Royce Silver Wraith by Poberewsky, shown on a Salon in Paris? Did he become the headdesigner for Volvo afterwards? Anybody knows anything about this contraption?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:29 pm 
Coachbuilder

well. its even more ugly than a volvo ever could be... and that is hard to beat...
Never seen this, what strikes my mind at first is the name Gulbenkian, but thats affirmatively none of his vars

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Bentley - Streamline-project
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:20 am 
Master coachbuilder

Hello to You,

the complete name is: Bentley-Poberejsky Mk.VI-SSC/1948. Jaques P. gives this stream-line-project on a Mk.VI-chassis to the Paris-Salon-1948. His name is only still known for this Sports-Sedanca-Coupe-creation ...,

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: darl'mat ?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:18 am 
Craftsman

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...at/838979.html
a darl'mat badge maybe, but raced in Tripoli 1938? 2 litre? - not with Peugeot 203 motor, radiator and- at one time, wheels -... so as something else? - more than anything i can find it looks like a simca gordini ... but i did find a darl'mat 202 that i'd never seen before, so...
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5571/darlmat.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3...artbrodtar.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/5...hartbrodtas.jp

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:20 am 
Coachbuilder

Know nothing about it, but to avoid later problems I would suggest to upload those pics directly from your HD! ;)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Peugeot-D´arlMart
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:58 am 
Master coachbuilder

I can only open 'img205' - front-view'. It looks like a P.-DM/~1938-rally-car, on 402B-chassis, rebuilt with the possibilities of <1950>, taking more and more 203-parts for it ...,

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:40 pm 
Craftsman

sorry pan, thanks frank; apart from the body it's the chassis, suspension, transmission and rear-axle i cant pick in these ( GS Citroen would be nice ) somewhere between the older and more recent photo's it lost the 3-stud wheels, interesting steering wheel and paint including the registration number - replaced with the darl' mat badge - and five stud alloys; a twin-carb system is visible in one shot and where is the extra pulley for the supercharger (or it's inlet manifold?) and oil filter, or engine mounts ...
and - just how many types of darl'mat peugeots were there? until today i hadn't seen the 202 streamliner and thats from a very poor couple of images, and there is also a fascinating 402 coupe 'DSE' which appeared in the pourtout thread that i can only find 2 shots of - ...

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54  Next