>
LOGIN | REGISTER | SEARCH | ENCYCLOPEDIA | MARKETPLACE It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:59 am

Post subject: 2010 Ferrari 599 GTO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:39 am 
Master coachbuilder

Is this a GTO? Well, it might be for somebody but to me is a tunned 599. I much prefer Michiel's. Sorry for PF, where do they go? I mean GTO is supposed to be very special. (Hamman's is better) What do you think?

Attachments:
2010_Ferrari_599GTO4.jpg
2010_Ferrari_599GTO4.jpg [ 240.38 KiB | Viewed 1115 times ]
2010_Ferrari_599GTO2.jpg
2010_Ferrari_599GTO2.jpg [ 187.96 KiB | Viewed 1115 times ]
2010_Ferrari_599GTO1.jpg
2010_Ferrari_599GTO1.jpg [ 227.2 KiB | Viewed 1115 times ]
2010_Ferrari_599GTO3.jpg
2010_Ferrari_599GTO3.jpg [ 205.46 KiB | Viewed 1115 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: 2010 GTO
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:45 am 
Craftsman

AYMAMI wrote:
Is this a GTO? Well, it might be for somebody but to me is a tunned 599. I much prefer Michiel's. Sorry for PF, where do they go? I mean GTO is supposed to be very special. (Hamman's is better) What do you think?

:good: +1 . It merely looks an oportunistic, tasteless marqueting exercise from Maranello.
PF has been somewhat down by the departure of K.Okuyama (Ferrari Rossa, Maserati Birdcage 1995...) but let's hope they will grace our eyes again with some genuine trendsetters such the updated NIDO.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:18 pm 
Master coachbuilder

Manel Baró wrote:
PF has been somewhat down by the departure of K.Okuyama (Ferrari Rossa, Maserati Birdcage 1995...) but let's hope they will grace our eyes again with some genuine trendsetters such the updated NIDO.

Ferrari's 599 GTO is not a PF exercise. Like the F430 Scuderia, it was modified by Ferrari's in-house designers. PF is not to blame for Ferrari's marketing decisions and styling changes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:26 pm 
Craftsman

[Ferrari's 599 GTO is not a PF exercise. Like the F430 Scuderia, it was modified by Ferrari's in-house designers. PF is not to blame for Ferrari's marketing decisions and styling changes.[/quote]
I know Michiel. I 'm not blaming PF at all. Just saying their late designs for Ferrari are, IMO, erratic.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:12 pm 
Master coachbuilder

Manel Baró wrote:
I know Michiel. I 'm not blaming PF at all. Just saying their late designs for Ferrari are, IMO, erratic.

I absolutely agree, but as many people within PF and Ferrari say: "Monte rules".

Unfortunately, with PF's contemporary designs for Ferrari it's hard to tell who's responsible for the end result. Ferrari have their own chief designer and a bunch of in-house stylists who, at the start of each project, compete with Pininfarina. Out of the various designs by both Ferrari and PF, one gets chosen by Montezemolo and the development continues with PF. The whole process is "design by commission" and not "design on commission", which means Ferrari-management decides for PF what to create. It is very important for Ferrari to have the PF-badge on their cars, and it doesn't matter if the initial design wasn't made by PF at all.

I wonder how long it will take for Fiat/Ferrari to buy the whole PF design department... A scary thought, though...
We all know what happened to Ghia and Vignale... Giugiaro is now VW and we'll see what will become of that wonderful company...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:21 am 
Craftsman

Michiel Mobiel wrote:
Manel Baró wrote:

I absolutely agree, but as many people within PF and Ferrari say: "Monte rules".

Unfortunately, with PF's contemporary designs for Ferrari it's hard to tell who's responsible for the end result. Ferrari have their own chief designer and a bunch of in-house stylists who, at the start of each project, compete with Pininfarina. Out of the various designs by both Ferrari and PF, one gets chosen by Montezemolo and the development continues with PF. The whole process is "design by commission" and not "design on commission", which means Ferrari-management decides for PF what to create. It is very important for Ferrari to have the PF-badge on their cars, and it doesn't matter if the initial design wasn't made by PF at all.

I wonder how long it will take for Fiat/Ferrari to buy the whole PF design department... A scary thought, though...
We all know what happened to Ghia and Vignale... Giugiaro is now VW and we'll see what will become of that wonderful company...

Many tks for sharing these intimacies. Now, can better understand the reasons behind these designs imbroglio. A pity.
I do agree PF is in the verge to become history.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:07 pm 
Master coachbuilder

In our days we see a lot of cars with old name but without any resemblance with the original models. The last example is the new Citroën DS series, which is totally different from the old Dé-esse.
These cars used historical and famous name only for their popularity, so this is a marketing business.
I think the new 599 GTO isn't a GTO, but only a bad tuned Ferrari (I don't like the original 599 too), and that a real modern GTO should be like the Van den Brick one.