>
LOGIN | REGISTER | SEARCH | ENCYCLOPEDIA | MARKETPLACE It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:46 am

Post subject: The reunion
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:32 am 
Craftsman

Hi all,

Tuesday,s classic car event by Toldboden in Copenhagen harbour was to become a very special one for me.

The no 1 dream of mine for many years came true.

After almost 4 decades, my cars first owner Erik Brandt was reunited with the car he had built by Wood & Pickett in 1973.

Suddenly he stood there looking at her, with he´s new Lady friend, and their dog.

He was very pleased to see it again, and soon started telling some really funny stories & anecdotes about its life in the "fast lane" and stories about the famues popstars they knew.
It was after he saw one of their W&P,s that he wanted one too. He already knew W&P - his own words = "we who drive Bentley or Rolls Royce, knew of this company"

We soon started talking of details regarding the cars spec, when it was ordered, and he pointed out that the car didnt have a sunroof back then.
I told him it was something I had fitted, in order to get rid of the unfortunate 80ies glass sunroof it had when I found it.

He visited the W&P premisis atleast one time, during the nearly 6 months it took them to build the car (this was W&P,s best year) so there was a long cue of clients waiting for their cars to be finished.

This was when the Brandt couple had shop,s and a flat in London, so Abbey Road was close by.

Later on the car was taken back to Denmark, to enter a posh life in the high society circles, with chauffeur in White uniform & all.

Mr Brandt also took some pictures, to show his friend mr Haug, who was with him on the ferry trip to England, when he delivered the car to W&P.

Later that same evening I called Steve Burkinshaw (coachbuilt registrar in GB) to tell him the story.
Steve said that this is the first time, a coachbuilt Mini has been reunited with its original owner.

That is all coachbuilt Mini,s included = both Hoopers - Radfords and Wood & Pickett,s .

Jens Christian

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The reunion
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:15 am 
Master coachbuilder

Great story Jens, congrats!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The reunion
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:18 am 
Craftsman

Boybentley wrote:
Great story Jens, congrats!

Hi Boybentley, long time since I was inhere - thanks for your reply :)

George in Holland have now posted some pictures from that special evening.

Here is a link http://www.margrave-mini.com/gallery_tw ... nited.html

Jens Christian

Profile E-mail