Carrozzeria Fantuzzi was founded by Medardo Fantuzzi in Modena, Italy. Medardo was born in 1906 in Bologna. He and his brother Gino Fantuzzi were famous for their affiliation with Maserati, where they got involved in building the Maserati A6 GCS, Maserati 350S and Maserati 200S.
Later, Medardo worked for Ferrari (until 1966), known for building the Pininfarina-penned Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa Spyder Fantuzzi. The workshop also did some one-off roadgoing Ferraris. Fantuzzi also worked for De Tomaso, Scuderia Serenissima, AMS and Techno.
Medardo Fantuzzi died in 1986. His carrozzeria still exists. Under the guidance of Medardo's son Fiorenzo, the company now focusses on body repair and classic car restoration.